Australian wedding dress designer KAREN WILLIS HOLMES has been at the forefront of bridal fashion since being established in 2000, providing beautifully designed and handcrafted wedding gowns for the elegant, modern and timeless bride. Our team is in Australia and every one of our staff is dedicated to our company’s mission and the brides we have the pleasure of working with. Our goal is to always create a one-of-a-kind, personal and genuine experience for brides when finding their perfect wedding dress.
Since 2000, Karen has established herself as a top Australian wedding dress designer. Since starting KAREN WILLIS HOLMES bridal, Karen has received awards in the industry, been part of several prestigious projects and dressed notable people who have become friends of the brand.
- Karen’s been a part of One Fine day Bridal Fashion Week and One Fine Day Bridal Market since the very beginning, showcasing her uniquely beautiful designs for wholesalers and media across the globe.
- Karen has dressed many notable people such as the wife of Oren Katzeff (Entertainment Chief of Conde Nast) for the Oscars, and WAGs for the Brownlow Awards. Anna Torv, star of The Daughter alongside Geoffrey Rush, also wore a KWH gown.
- KWH has collaborated with Romance Was Born at the May 2011 Sydney fashion week.
- In April of 2011, Karen was invited to make a replica of Kate Middleton’s wedding gown with a two-day turnaround time! This gorgeous one-of-a-kind replica gown was then featured on live TV and radio, adding to her list of features on ABC, Chanel 7, Chanel 9, Chanel 10 and 2GB radio.
- Karen’s gowns have been featured in an editorial shoot for Vogue in the November 2019 print issue and on The Lane when our ELOPE collection was released.
- Real brides wearing a KWH gown have been featured in Vogue, Harpers Bazaar as well as The Lane and Hello May.
- KWH has received the award for “Best of Weddings” for 2018 and 2019 from The Knot.
- Karen was named one of Marie Claire’s top 13 Australian Wedding Dress Designers.
- Karen was also featured on ABC, speaking about the changing climate of weddings during the time of COVID-19.
- Hello May featured KAREN WILLIS HOLMES as one of their Top 30 Bridal Boutiques & Designers to Follow on Instagram in 2020.
So many of our brides find themselves seeking out the signature modern elegance of Australian wedding dress designers, and Karen’s gowns are made to the highest quality, upholding our reputation as a leading bridal fashion house in Australia for over 20 years. A wedding dress by Karen Willis Holmes is sophisticated, contemporary, flattering and made so you can dance all night without a worry in the world. The incredible team in our Sydney, Australia workroom hand makes our wedding dresses with the utmost care and attention to detail to ensure every gown we produce is perfectly unique and up to the highest quality of standard.